Join us for an unforgettable cruise up the mighty Sacramento River to beautiful downtown Sacramento. It's a fun, bridge-filled trip, passing by many quaint and historic towns on our way up to Sacramento. They say the journey is the reward, and this will certainly be true for this cruise.
Our 6-day adventure will begin with an overnight stay in Benicia, with a visit to the lovely Benicia Yacht Club and dinner out in the quaint downtown area. Next morning we'll head out bright and early (subject to tides and weather) toward Rio Vista and Delta Marina.
Places we'll visit on our cruise include:
- Benicia - September 6-7
Our longtime gateway to the Delta, this is a lovely first stop on our way up the river. The facilities are first-class, with fuel, water, supplies, easy walk into town, and just right for walking around on a nice warm late-summer evening. We'll stop in to the Benicia Yacht Club for cocktails and to say hello, then walk 5 minutes into town for a waterfront dinner overlooking Carquinez Strait.
- Delta Marina - September 7-8
For those who regularly cruise to the north Delta or Sacramento region, Delta Marina has long been a must-stop, nicely located in Rio Vista, a charming small town right along the Sacramento River in Solano County. The marina has all the bells and whistles, with fuel, water, an amazing chandlery, an RV park, and lots of covered picnic areas which provide an escape from the boats on a hot day.
- Riverbank Marina - September 8-10
- Leaving Rio Vista astern, we'll radio the Rio Vista bridge and ask for a lift to allow us to turn right and follow the Sacramento River all the way up to Old Sac. In fact, along the way we'll have to lift a total of 7 bridges to be able to make our way up river! We'll pass some amazing sights, including quaint and historical towns such as Ryde, Locke, Walnut Grove, Courtland, Clarksburg, and Freeport.
- Just past Walnut Grove and just before the Paintersville Bridge we'll see the Steamboat Bridge appear on our port side. If we're on time, we'll stop in to the dock for lunch. There's a fun little beach and great place to get out and stretch before continuing up river.
- As we get closer to Sacramento, just past the confluence with the American River we'll see the Riverbank marina appear to starboard. Our home for the next two nights, Riverbank is an amazing marina, with several great restaurants on site, fuel, water, supplies - everything we need for a delightful stay.
- We'll spend the days exploring Old Sac, downtown, the American River, local wineries, maybe even take a hot raft ride if we choose to. There's lots to do and we'll have a ball doing it!
- Pittsburg Yacht Club - September 10-11
- Alas, we can't stay up here forever, so we'll have to depart early for the trip downriver and Pittsburg Yacht Club for the night. This is a long leg, so we'll leave early and get in just in time for a well-deserved cocktail hour and dinner either at the Yacht Club or in town. Next morning we''l head back to the bay area.
- If your boat name, beam and LOA are in your profile, it will be entered automatically on your cruise registrations.
- You can cancel your registration by clicking "Already registered" at the left. To make changes, cancel and re-register, or email email@example.com.
List of TYC registrants